Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jeep Thrills For Italian Figure Skating Queen



By Ed Garstin, Manager Electronic Communications, Chrysler
Photo by John Gilhooley
Italian figure skater Carolina Kostner is training these days in El Segundo, Calif. Kostner was the 2007 & 2008 European Champion, 2008 World silver medallist, bronze medallist at 2005 Worlds and 2003 Junior Worlds, 4-times national champion. She's driving around the Southern California freeways, beaches and boulevards, to and from practice, in a Jeep® Patriot, but took some time out to check out a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited along the SoCal coastline, and talk to us about her training, and, her new ride.
Why are you in Southern California?I moved to California to be able to be trained by Frank Carroll. He is one of the most successful coaches in figure skating history. He was Michelle Kwan's (my childhood idol) formal coach.
Is it all work or do you have time to enjoy some of the nice things that LA has to offer?I don't skate on the weekend so I get to enjoy the city and the beach. Although I won't be partying too much!! :-)
Do you have a favorite place in LA, a favorite restaurant?My favorite restaurant until now is Katana the Japanese grill up on Sunset Blvd..
You have been driving a Jeep Patriot, how do you like it?I am very happy with the Patriot. i counted on having a "not too big" but safe car, and I think the Patriot does a great job.
And what do you like most (e.g., versatility, roominess, comfort after a long day's practice, "do-anything" image, etc.)?I really like the comfort and the power. Driving up to Lake Arrowhead it felt really safe and comfortable. I had nothing to worry about!
Does it fit your training needs as an Olympic Athlete?I think it does a great job!
What about the Jeep Wrangler (the one we took the pictures with), how do you like it?I think the Wrangler is a very fun car, for people who enjoy to do road trips and drive along the Pacific

No comments: